Monday, November 28, 2016

After Happy Thanksgiving!


What a wonderful weekend it was. My relaxation level came to a whole new level of chill!

But the amount of sleep; I didn't get, caused me issues with doing the amount of painting that I wanted to accomplish. I persevered last night. The photo below of the painting I did last night is not ready to post yet. I wanted to prove to everyone that I did work on a painting. I did spend a lot of time this weekend reading and studying artwork. 

I sent a post over to Matt of Ctrl+Paint asking him to do a video on how digital artists need to practice or perform loose painting. The painting below, as you can clearly see is not loose. The last two paintings I have done have not been loose. I need to work on that. Maybe when I am selecting brush sizes I am making them to small and creating to many brush strokes? Does this cause my paintings to be to artificial and digital? If you know the answer to this then please tell me how to do it. I am not getting any usable answers on the internet other than use bigger brush sizes.

Here's this weekend's painting. I am letting it marinate a day or two before I come back and clean it up. I already have 5 points on my clean up list but I may not be done yet...

It's going to be a great week of painting!