Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Onwards


My next attempt at art I am using procreate. The painting will be a copy from a painter that I really admired: Norma S Foresberg. A not really well none painter (Utah) but I liked her style. I did an internet search of her paintings and was only able to find one. What a shame:


I have two of her paintings that were posters put to canvas then had varnish applied to them to make them look like real oil paintings. They are both hanging in my office at work. I enjoy looking at them often, when work is getting me down.

My attempt at her painting has rich yellows and oranges from a fall time scene of grass, bushes, trees and a wandering path to a fence. I have noticed that the path has groves in it and they appear to be the groves of wagons instead of the groves of tires of vehicles. Did she intend to have wagon wheel groves? We will never know. She passed away in 2000. Her husband passed away in 2013.