Saturday, May 6, 2017

I'm still here... Honest!


Okay, okay, I know. What kind of show am I running here? It's not you, it's me. I have been busy learning. I said this was going to be a journey didn't I?

Here is my latest painting. Not great but it will do for now. I made to many mistakes on this painting to justify cleaning it up. Lesson learned: always sketch your painting out first. If I had traced the reference picture this would have come out much better. My sketching skills are no where near my capabilities of painting with a brush. That's why this painting is off. But, the new brush I learned about from Daniel Ibanez on YT that is in ArtRage 5: Square Canvas 2 is the bomb. It has some flaws that need to be cleaned up in the end but it is so painterly for a digital brush.

Purple Beach
ArtRage 5.0.4, Square Canvas 2 brush

Aren't the colors just a WoW in this painting? I love purple; don't you? My perspectives are off and not very realistic but this brush and technique of painting is a blast to paint in. After I get a few more paintings under my belt I plan on maybe making a video on my process. It is about time to give back.

What do you think? Thanks for stopping by!!!